French Student – Domitille, from Bordeaux

August 1, 2016 0 Comments

I am Domitille, a French engineering student. I study agriculture in Burgundy and I am specializing in viticulture and wine sciences next year.

After growing up in Bordeaux and studying in Burgundy, I wanted to discover another wine industry. I heard about New Zealand premium wines and their beautiful vineyards. So I decided to try and challenge myself by visiting this far away country. Now my stay in New Zealand is almost done and I am not disappointed at all: New Zealand is a beautiful country with stunning sceneries and really nice people. And the wine tastes very good.

I spent five months at Lincoln University to do an internship. My internship supervisor was Roland Harrison. I worked on the extraction of phenolic compounds of Pinot noir berries. The aim of my project was to set up a method to be able to predict quickly the wine phenolic profile from grapes. My main work was to investigate the effects of different parameters to find an optimum extraction protocol. These last five months were fruitful: I have been welcomed very well in Lincoln and I may have discovered a research area for the future.

Now I am travelling around New Zealand before going back to France. I thank everybody I met and helped me to enjoy both my internship and stay here.

Previous Post

Next Post