Watson Fellow at the Centre

November 27, 2011 1 Comment

I am Alissa Aron, and I’ve been at Lincoln for the past several weeks working on the Centre for Viticulture and Oenology website.  We have added this blog feature and cleaned up the homepage a bit, to streamline and update the content.

I am a Thomas J. Watson Fellow from the United States, travelling for one year to study the interface of science and art in winemaking.  Before arriving in New Zealand I spent some time in France and Spain where I worked with people in the wine industry, but this opportunity at Lincoln has allowed me to go “behind-the-scenes” at a top viticulture and oenology research program.  Working at the Centre for V&O has been a particularly unique opportunity as it has allowed me to meet faculty from the sciences as well as the tourism and marketing sides of academic wine research.

I will be moving on soon to explore other parts of the wine industry in New Zealand, but keep my own blog at nobleroute.wordpress.com where I record snippets from my own travels in the world of wine and science.

Enjoy the new website!

Alissa

#News#Visitors

Previous Post

Next Post

Comments

1. Roland Harrison
    November 28, 2011 - 1:18 am

Alissa, thanks for all your work on the website! You’ve done a really great job and I’m sure that visitors to the site will get a better appreciation of the research that goes on here. Enjoy the rest of your stay in New Zealand.